» What are the benefits of a massage?
What are the benefits of a massage?
The benefits of massage are numerous and, unfortunately somewhat difficult to interpret without an understanding of the human body.
Massage therapy has many rewards (for example, muscle relaxation) in addition to its more significant effects (such as, increased blood flow to the internal organs.)
Massage therapy assists the body in the following ways:
- Increases the oxygen capacity of blood by 10-15% which means that your cells receive more oxygen.
- Improves posture by balancing muscle activity.
- Accelerates post-workout recovery, allowing you to workout longer and more often.
- Increases your body’s rate of metabolism by nourishing your cells more effectively.
- Enhances your skin’s health by opening your glands leading to softer, suppler skin.
- Helps detoxify your body by activating your lymph system.
- Increases organ activity by engaging the nerves connected to your internal organs.
- Increases flexibility by encouraging joint and muscle mobility.
- Prevents injuries by removing inflammatory residue that may ultimately cause injury.
- Induces a sense of relaxation and well-being.
Posted in: General